Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Uncut and Unashamed

The dreaded first blog entry. I won't lie: I've been putting this off for months!
How do I start? What do I say? Well, let's find out...

My name is Chris Carney. I'm a Christian, wife, mom, nurse, writer, teacher, advisor, encourager, friend, gardener, ...sounds a little ADD? I know. I know. I make myself crazy, but, I've been around long enough to embrace it, go with it and have a blast living with it! (I'm not ADD. I'm creative.)

This blog is written to encourage all women who are growing their hair to its natural length, to keep growing! As a Christian, I grow my hair as a consecrated act of submission to God. I have found a substantial amount of scriptural support for women to allow their hair to grow without ever cutting or trimming it.

My hair is uncut.

Another goal is to provide the tools and products that help care and grow hair as naturally as possible. The tools are the plethora of scriptures and references to the spiritual implications of a woman's hair. The products are Uncut Haircare Products, developed especially for nourishing, growing and keeping both Anglo and Ethnic hair.

I'm on a mission to start a revolution of women who desire to leave their hair uncut...

And, unashamed!





5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on some great "Grand Re-Opening" items! Woo Hoo!

      Delete
  2. I am a Christian woman, but not Pentecostal. God led me to start growing out my hair two years ago, but I lost my nerve and kept bangs. But I'm going for it now. So far, so good. But my family is starting to wonder, and they think I'm too religious. I'm almost 50. Young women with long hair seems socially acceptable,but I'm not sure how I'm liking it on me. No matter, it's growing long and I'm placing it in God's lap oh what to do with this hair He's placed on my head.I'm struggling with how to fix it. And I'm wondering if I should get the dry ends taken off? I was so happy to find this blog. I could use a little help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 is the new 30! LOL

    Uncut hair too religious? Have you seen the behavior at football games or Nascar? Just a thought, right!? I think a woman embracing femininity and growing her hair is a beautiful and natural thing to do! Anything done to honor the Lord will be blessed: shaken together, pressed down and overflowing!

    Peace, Joy and a Happy Hair Day!

    ReplyDelete